We are moms and dads, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, husbands and wives, and friends of people regaining their health and lives through freedom from addiction. By organizing and speaking out together, we support and give hope to individuals who are still struggling with addiction and to those who have found the power of long-term recovery.
Marijuana Detox is dedicated to organizing and mobilizing Americans in recovery from addiction to cannabis, our families, friends and allies into recovery community organizations and networks, to promote the right and resources to recover through advocacy, education and demonstrating the power and proof of long-term recovery.
what we do
- Mobilize and organize to raise the profile of the organized recovery community and help more people find recovery by demonstrating Americans from all walks of life have found recovery and promote widespread understanding that long-term recovery is a reality and a process that takes time and support.
- Build the capacity of recovery community organizations to thrive and participate in local, state and national policy arenas, deliver peer recovery support services; and mobilize the local recovery community.
- Address public policy to reduce the discrimination that keeps people from seeking recovery or moving on to better lives once they achieve it and support recovery-oriented policies and programs.
- Laws and policies enable recovery, health, wellness and civic engagement for people affected by alcohol and other drugs.
- Communities are organized and mobilized to address policies, practices and perceptions for people affected by alcohol and other drugs.
- Individuals, families and communities affected by alcohol and other drugs have universal access to quality, effective care and supports to achieve recovery, health, wellness and civic engagement.